TRADING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A minimum of 50% deposit is required upon placing an order.
- The balance of the total amount to be paid will become due on the day of fitting.
- Payment methods may include bank transfer, cheque, credit/debit card or cash. Outstanding amounts will attract a 2.5% interest rate per month. The pursuit of customers who fail to pay on time may lead to professional charges Which may be passed on to the customer.
- The re-presentation of dishonoured cheques will lead to a payment of £25. charged to the customer.
- Any additional payments for extra items will be shown separately on the invoice and undertaken once the agreement of the customer has been obtained for the extra work.
- The carpet and/or underlay remain the property of Penn Hill Flooring Ltd until payment has been made in full.
- When an order is placed a contract exists between the customer and Penn Hill Flooring Ltd. Cancellations are not normally acceptable although in extenuating circumstances where the customer cancels with grounds. a full refund of the deposit will be made (less any Charges for works already completed).
- Cancellations made for other reasons will lead to a loss of deposit and charges to the customer for any works already undertaken by Penn Hill Flooring Ltd.
Delivery and Installation
- We will liaise closely with the customer over delivery and installation dates to avoid any inconvenience if problems occur.
- When placing an order, the customer must inform Penn Hill Flooring Ltd of any "critical deadlines" by which time the project needs to be completed. Penn Hill Flooring Ltd Will not accept responsibility for any delays in carrying out the installation when not within our control.
- The position of wiring and pipe work in vulnerable places must be drawn to the attention of the fitter. No responsibility is accepted for the accidental damage to cables or pipe work as a concequence of a failure on the customer's part in this respect.
- Due to the increasing complexity of modern devices we cannot accept responsibility for the disconnection and reconnection of any electrical goods, i.e. dishwashers, washing machines, televisual systems, computers etc.
- Penn Hill Flooring Ltd will carry out a detailed measure free of charge.
- No responsibility is accepted for problems encountered by inaccuracies in any measurements provided by the customer.
- All carpet measurements are provided subject to a tolerance of + or - 1.25% in accordance with BS3665.
- Individual samples will be unlikely to be from current production batches and colours should only be used as a guide not an exact match. Where colour is critical we will obtain a stock cutting where possible from the manufacturer/supplier. Carpet shades will be as close as reasonably possible to the samples from
which the selection was made, however, minor variations may occur.
- Cut pile carpets may develop "pile reversal" which is a localised change in the direction of pile which alters the pattern of reflected light and shade effect. This naturally occurring phenomenon does not affect the carpets resistance to abrasive wear.
- On all carpet some tracking marks will occur in heavy traffic areas during the normal wear life of the carpet.
- Berber or Berber style carpets may contain random flecks of colour, which sometimes create a lined effect which may not be apparent in a small sample.
- When a new carpet is installed, Penn Hill Flooring Ltd recommends a new underlay as this can have a positive impact on the life of the carpet.
- The customer is responsible for the condition of the sub-floor and if additional preparation work is needed to rectify undisclosed faults in the floor, additional charges will be made.
- A guarantee of 2 years is provided against installation faults and for proven manufacturing defects on all products.
- In the first instance, any complaints relating to the products, underlay, accessories or the installation should be referred as soon as possible to Penn Hill Flooring Ltd, where every effort will be made to resolve the matter with the minimum delay.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ANY FRESH DECORATION HAS BEEN GIVEN AT LEAST 48 HOURS TO CURE BEFORE FITTING